Interested in practicing Karma Yoga ?
“The life I touch for good or ill will touch another life, and that in turn another, until who knows where the trembling stops or in what far place my touch will be felt.” – Frederick Buechner
We are currently seeking dedicated, reliable, and committed individuals who, in exchange for free yoga classes, are open to contributing their time and energy to our yoga home and sanctuary.
Opportunities Include: social media, website development, marketing efforts, photography, space design, and others. If interested, please email us at email@example.com
We have immediate openings for Work/Study Interns at their Bethesda and Tenleytown Washington DC locations.
GAIN EXPERIENCE OF OFFICE WORK/SALES/MARKETING AND BECOME COMPETITIVE IN THE MARKET PLACE OR, PREPARE FOR A CAREER IN TEACHING YOGA, OR MANAGING YOGA STUDIOS.
The work includes signing in and set up of classes, events, workshops, and teacher training, answering the phone, providing general information about the Studios and its programs to callers, performing administrative tasks, cleaning and general day-to-day maintenance of the space, local distribution of flyers and brochures, and customer service.
Yoga is one of the fastest growing services in our country and offers amazing prospects for long-term earning potential.
In exchange for 4 hours of work per week at our Studios, take any number of yoga classes at no charge. (Excludes workshops, series, and trainings).
Subject to successful performance for 6 months, we will be glad to provide recommendations and be a reference for your job search.
In addition, time permitting, the Operations Manager, a former senior level executive, may be able to provide individual career counseling and guidance.
Please send a short cover letter stating purpose of application and career objectives along with a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Work/Study program is a great opportunity for:
- Someone who loves doing yoga on a regular basis
- Someone who might some day want to work in a yoga studio
- Someone who might some day or currently wants to get certified to teach yoga
- Someone who may some day want to own or run a yoga studio
- Someone who wants to practice Karma Yoga by offering service to others
- Someone who wants to be part of a supporting community and learn about sale/marketing/customer service, etc
We are looking for individuals who … :
- … are friendly, warm, and welcoming as they interact with guests of our studio
- … would like to share their enthusiasm for yoga and health with others
- … are able to fully commit to the program for a minimum of 6 months
- … are able to commit to one or two shifts at the same time every week (4 hours)
- … are available to sub for a fellow Work/Study participant at least once a month
In return for your time and energy you will receive:
- - FREE unlimited Yoga classes from our regular schedule (excludes workshops, specialty series, and trainings)
- - a welcoming community at our studio
- - occasional discounts on workshops, series, & trainings
- - first consideration for paid positions at the studio
- - very good Karma
Join our Work/Study Program, share your passion for yoga and well being,
and start enjoying FREE Classes at our studio!
We look forward to hearing from you!