Interested in practicing Karma Yoga ?
“The life I touch for good or ill will touch another life, and that in turn another, until who knows where the trembling stops or in what far place my touch will be felt.” – Frederick Buechner
We have immediate openings for Work/Study Interns at our Bethesda and Tenleytown Washington DC locations. Seeking dedicated, reliable, and committed individuals who, in exchange for free yoga classes, are open to contributing their time and energy to our yoga home and sanctuary as receptionist/space assistants.
GAIN EXPERIENCE OF OFFICE WORK/SALES/MARKETING AND BECOME COMPETITIVE IN THE MARKET PLACE OR, PREPARE FOR A CAREER IN TEACHING YOGA, OR MANAGING YOGA OR FITNESS STUDIOS.
If you have never been to our studios before, we recommend that you take a few classes with us before committing to the program, to ensure it is a good fit for you.
The work includes set up and registration of classes and events, answering the phone, providing general information about the Studios and its programs to callers, office/administrative tasks, customer service, data entry, sales, cleaning and general day-to-day maintenance of the space and props, preparation of marketing materials and local distribution of flyers and brochures, and other tasks depending on your interests and qualifications.
Yoga is one of the fastest growing services in our country and offers amazing prospects for long-term earning potential. In exchange for 4 hours of work per week at our Studios, take any number of yoga classes at no charge. (Excludes workshops, series, and trainings unless otherwise noted). Subject to successful completion of 6 months in the program, we will be glad to provide recommendations and be a reference for your job search. In addition, time permitting, the Operations Manager, a former senior level executive, may be able to provide individual career counseling and guidance.
Please send a short cover letter stating purpose of application and career objectives along with a resume to email@example.com
Our Work/Study program is a great opportunity for:
- Someone who loves doing yoga on a regular basis (and enjoys our classes and yoga community)
- Someone who might some day want to work in a yoga or fitness studio
- Someone who might some day or currently wants to get certified to teach yoga
- Someone who may some day want to own or run a yoga or fitness studio
- Someone who wants to practice Karma Yoga by offering service to others
- Someone who wants to be part of a supporting community and gain hands on experience on sales/marketing/customer service, etc
We are looking for individuals who … :
- … are friendly, warm, and welcoming as they interact with guests of our studio
- … would like to share their enthusiasm for yoga, health, and well-being with others
- … are able to fully commit to the program for a minimum of 6 months
- … are able to commit to one or two shifts at the same time every week (4 hours)
- … are available to sub for a fellow Work/Study participant at least once a month
In return for your time and energy you will receive:
- - FREE unlimited Yoga classes from our regular schedule (excludes workshops, specialty series, and trainings)
- - a welcoming community at our studio
- - occasional discounts on workshops, series, & trainings (currently offering discount for our upcoming March 2015 teacher training program)
- - first consideration for paid positions at the studio
- - very good Karma
Other Work/Study Opportunities Include: social media, website development, marketing/graphic design, photography, space design, and others. For inquiries, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Join our Work/Study Program, share your passion for Yoga and well-being,
and start enjoying FREE Classes at our studio today!
We look forward to hearing from you!